On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Henrik K wrote:
Nothing of this makes sense. If you don't have a test server, too bad. If
you don't trust the "score-changing values" too bad. It all worked for me.

It's a great idea, but I'd like to see it mature some first, especially
with respect to its documentation, test emails, word list, and live testing.

If was quickly developed to an ongoing problem. The problem disappeared
years ago. It was mature enough for 99% of users at that time. Though it did
add lots of complexity and stricter MTA rules etc handled the job just fine
also.

The problem exists now, there is PNG spam, and there will continue to be, because it gets through. Right now the only way I find this blocked is if spamcop blocks it.

Ideally, what I'd probably like to see with regard to fuzzyOCR are:

1) Just patch it enough to work with 3.2 and 3.3 -- I don't have the internals know-how to do this, and I don't know if Decoder still reads this list.

2) A debug mode, whereby the plugin would note its own score, possibly by applying an equal negative value.

3) Wordlists loadable from userprefs, if not bayes.

4) A recommended configuration, along with "shortcircuit" documentation.

-Dan

--

"Ca. Tas. Tro. Phy."

-John Smedley, March 28th 1998, 3AM