On 28/05/09 8:19 PM, "Karsten Bräckelmann" <guent...@rudersport.de> wrote:

>> Could be any of those.  Why does it matter?  Suspended IPs aren't on the
>> list.
>
> Thus there's little or no incentive to get em delisted from blacklists,
> no?

\I don't understand your question. Incentive to whom? The client? Of course
there is. Beyond their normal problems encountered due to such a listing,
they can be suspended from the whitelist until the blacklisting is
addressed. Which means they are paying us for a service they aren't able to
avail themselves of. They thus have plenty of incentive to work out the
issues and get things fixed.

Check the PDF table I sent earlier. You will see very few dnsbl hits for IPs
on, and even off our lists. Do your own check. Query our lists and
x-reference them to DNSBLs. Depending upon the dnsbl, we may warn, or
suspend, for a single IP hit. (we prioritized our DNSBL use plan by weight,
with the input of some senders, the MAAWG technical advisory board, some
receivers (large ISPs)). The approach is published at
support.senderscorecertified.com (this site might be down at the moment).

Chronic DNSBL listings, or those affecting large proportions of a client IP
space, or repeated offenses earns a client a trip to the woodshed, and if
that doesn't get them to correct their errant ways, we invite them to no
longer darken our door.

It isn't worth it to them, nor to us.
--
Neil Schwartzman
Director, Accreditation Security & Standards