On 28/05/09 3:09 PM, "Karsten Bräckelmann" <guent...@rudersport.de> wrote:

> I was merely arguing that not all blacklistings are necessarily bad,
> just because they happen to be listed in SSC (or any other whitelist for
> that matter), as I understood your post.

Re-reading what I wrote, I can't see where you got that impression. Please
educate me as to how I could have written my post better.

I said they were false positive because

- they were unique to the BRBL
- the reasoning presented behind the listings (compromised host/CANSPAM
non-compliance) was not substantiated by listings on other established
DNSBLs
- if there were a valid reason behind the listing, the removals would have
been overturned, like, for instance, when you self-delist from the Sender
Score DNSBL or CBL, and your host is still compromised.

> Maybe I should have uppercased
> all words like ONLY or SOLE like you, so you don't skip them.

Yes thanks, since apparently my linguistic skills aren't up to snuff. Damned
that degree in English Literature from a second-rate university.

> (BTW, the term "suspended" is quite irritating in this context.)

I use the nomenclature we have been using for 3 years, developed without
public consultation.

Enabled = on the whitelist
Suspended = removed from the whitelist, live in the client account
Disabled = removed from the client account

--
Neil Schwartzman
Director, Accreditation Security & Standards

The opinions contained herein are my personal stance and may not reflect the
viewpoint of Return Path Inc.