On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 14:12 -0400, Neil Schwartzman wrote:
> On 28/05/09 11:39 AM, "Karsten Bräckelmann" <guent...@rudersport.de> wrote:

> > Wait, I was /not/ justifying emailreg.org -- actually not even talking
> > about it, but the certification service SSC as a sole base to overrule
> > any other listing.
>
> I am not arguing that RP Certified is the basis here. I am showing you that
> I found a bunch of IPs that happen to be enabled or suspended from the
> Certified programme to be anomalously listed by the BRBL ONLY *, I delisted
> them and they have stayed that way. That is pretty weird. Those were false
> positives. That is of concern to ANYONE using the BRBL, or any other DNSBL.
>
> You are calling my research/experience with the BRBL into question because
> we also happen to run a whitelist? Wow.

I never questioned your research. If you read my posts carefully you'll
realize that I even do agree those to be FPs. They have been removed
from BRBL, which clearly shows this.

Moreover I did NOT argue on the mere fact you happen to run a whitelist.
I was showing that all lists do occasionally have bad listings, be it
BRBL, SSC or ZEN.

I was merely arguing that not all blacklistings are necessarily bad,
just because they happen to be listed in SSC (or any other whitelist for
that matter), as I understood your post. Maybe I should have uppercased
all words like ONLY or SOLE like you, so you don't skip them.

(BTW, the term "suspended" is quite irritating in this context.)

> On 28/05/09 10:42 AM, "Karsten Bräckelmann" <guent...@rudersport.de> wrote:
>
> > BTW, Neil, may I remind you about the spam, unsolicited bulk advertising
> > mail with my address obviously harvested or bought -- whitelisted both
> > by Habeas SafeList and Sender Score Certified? ;)  Reported, and the
> > offender got de-listed.
>
> 1 spam.

1 example.  To prove the point. But I don't feel like repeating myself.

Sorry I'm not an ISP. But if you insist, and to put this into
perspective, that accounts for a mis-fire rate of roughly 2%.

> OK. I get the fact that you don't like the whitelists, no-one is
> forcing you to use them, so let's drop the red herring (as Rod so aptly put
> it), shall we?

Jumping to conclusions, unsubstantiated.

Not what I said, neither implied. I *am* using whitelists, and yes, I am
using SSC. Voluntarily.

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";