> Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>
> However the killer bad thing for me is this:
>
>    Note that this fail-over behaviour is incompatible
>           with -x; if that switch is used, fail-over will
> not occur.
>
> I am not willing to stop filtering mail through
> spamassassin if my spamd machine is unavailble for a
> moment, such as during a rare reboot.  Therefore I want
> to use the -x option.  Otherwise if all machines are
> unavailable the spam is just sent through!  I want it to
> queue in that case.  The machines will come back online
> and then drain the mail queue.

Ditto. I use -x and not willing to drop it :( Nice to know the fail-over is
still implemented!

> Sporting! :-)  But if working for you then efficient and
> likely a greener solution than the power hogs that most
> are using.
>
>> ...  and I have to
>> shut down spamd during the weekly sa-update/sa-compile.

My 256 RAM machine does it daily, but the older Pentium Pro with 128 megs ram
spends so long in the sa-compile process thrashing swapfile so I made it
weekly. Hmm, but then I had spamd still running... not that it is off I might
try daily again.

> Weekly?  I do this daily.  The sought.cf rules are a
> godsend.

Yes.