> But keep in mind that newer hardware may or may not be
> more energy efficient but it has more processing power.
> So you can use one faster newer machine with x Watt
> energy or use several x Watt older machines to do the
> same task.
>
> I now have a new HP DL385G5p using 80Watt running 1 linux
> server and a windows 2008 server (using ESX).

Yes, I dream about my next PC, having 2 quad core CPU's and 8-16 gigs RAM and
couple terabytes disk. But the money has takers, I have also three teenagers to
upkeep. They each have a computer in WLAN, and other needs.

My dream PC would virtualize all my current farm of linuces and a Windows
workstation into one. But we will see when that happens... Some day.. some
day.. ;)

This Pentium PRO seems to cope with Spamd about at the same rate as more
powerful PC:s. Most of the time needed goes to network tests, where CPU is not
so important.

Offtopic: ;)  I removed the spamc -x and everything seems to run fine now. As
long as I keep at least one spamd up at all times. Little scripting and a
shared file in LAN telling to the others when one is down takes it. My little
machine does not do sa-update now, when it sees that the another machine is
without spamd.