On Tue, June 9, 2009 00:59, Martin Gregorie wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 00:39 +0200, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>> does there exists a perl-cleanup in you distro ?
>>
> There's not a general one. On the assumption (true for Fedora) that both
> Perl and SA are distro supported packages, if I was tackling this I'd do
> the following:
>
> - make safety copies of SA customisation.
> - yum remove perl spamassassin
> - updatedb
> - use 'locate perl' to see if there are any other copies of perl -
>   there is in this case. At a guess it is a CPAN install.
> - remove it using 'rm -rf' as it is unlikely to be an RPM package
> - check that Perl is definitely gone. (updatedb; locate perl)
> - get the latest distro versions: yum install perl spamassassin
> - replace SA customisation if it got overwritten.
> - check that the default PATH doesn't point to anything that was
>   removed. It is set up in /etc/profile plus extras from /etc/profile.d

yes, when no perl is installed you can yum install spamassassin as it was
ment to from distros, if still problem with

spamassassin 2>&1 -D --lint

after this then report it to your distro as a dependice problem

i remember perl problems from my old freebsd 4.9 :=)

newer happended on gentoo here

--
http://localhost/ 100% uptime and 100% mirrored :)