On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, LuKreme wrote:

On 9-Jun-2009, at 07:42, Adam Katz wrote:

No, I'd consider that a rather sane decision.  Back when my distribution
had user accounts with shell access, I had custom rules disabled too.

Sue, but how long ago was that? The way to properly host people now is with virtualization. They have their 'own' machine and what they muck up can only much up THEIR "machine".

That's fine for you and me, but not everyone wants to be (or has the skills or time to be) a system administrator, and I doubt most hosting companies would be able to provide administered single-user VMs at a reasonable price point. With a shared VM the administration costs are shared across many customers.

I was going to suggest moving to a VM, but I didn't know whether ktn felt that was an option. I suppose it's reasonable to ask: ktn, would you be willing to move to a self-administered hosted VM in order to get full control of SA?

  If "healthcare is a Right" means that the government is obligated
  to provide the people with hospitals, physicians, treatments and
  medications at low or no cost, then the right to free speech means
  the government is obligated to provide the people with printing
  presses and public address systems, the right to freedom of
  religion means the government is obligated to build churches for the
  people, and the right to keep and bear arms means the government is
  obligated to provide the people with guns, all at low or no cost.
 51 days since 9th Circuit incorporated 2nd Amdt - MSM still silent