On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 07:11, Per Jessen<p...@computer.org> wrote:
> John Rudd wrote:
>
>> I've seen LOTS of so-focused-on-stability "if it ain't broke, don't
>> upgrade it" type shops in the Solaris arena ...
>
> You'll likely find that in any production environment that is concerned
> about uptime.  The less change, the more uptime.

Yes, _I_ know the environment that causes it, but in these days of
lots of projects that expect upgrade-itis, I usually feel the need to
explain at least a tiny bit.

(and not just environments concerned about uptime, it can instead be
concerned about service stability.  that's not necessarily about
uptime, but can instead be about consistency of user experience)