On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 22:34 -0400, some Alex wrote:
> Okay, I have configured sa-update to download the following rulesets:

> Do people have a script that lints the rules, copies them to
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/ and restarts amavisd?

NO.

sa-update lint checks the rules in a sandbox, and does not update the
local channel, if there are any issues. Moreover, do NOT copy these
updates to your site config dir -- but keep it in the update dir where
sa-update puts them [1]. SA knows how to use them instead of the
"install-time" default conf.

See 'man spamassassin', section Configuration Files. And of course the
wiki docs, specifically about sa-update.

> SA should automatically pick up on the new rules, correct?

Yes.  SA will use the updates as provided by sa-update, when available.
All you need to do is to restart your daemon, IFF there have been any
updates.

I strongly suggest you do some documentation reading.

It's a rather bizarre picture I'm sensing here. From your recent posts I
understand you are running a mail server for a large organization. Yet
there is this cannonade with rather basic questions...

  guenther

[1] And get rid of the ones you already copied. Site config overwrites
    default config.

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";