On 28.07.09 09:19, Curtis LaMasters wrote:
> One does already exist though it isn't just Spamassassin.
> http://www.freespamfilter.org/
>
> I'm with snowweb here; mailing list support "seems" very outdated IMO.

No, it is not. It's still perfectly usable.

>  I could understand if you saved every email from the start of the
> mailing list as an archive but I would say many of us are "new" to the
> list and need support.  Therefore we have to rely on search engines to
> deliver the content we need.  I can't tell you how frustrating it is
> to have to click on each email in a thread to read its content.  In a
> forum, you have a very simple structure and if followed insures that
> relevant information is presented in an intuitive manner.  On a side
> note, if the forum were to have a (SOLUTION) for each topic, that
> would be a huge bonus.

You can build forum-like access to mailing list archive if you want. IF you
want, you can have everything on one page. The fact that nobody has built it
does not mean that mailing lists are bad or forums are good.

It only means that you or snowweb are incapable of getting how do things
work.
Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.