On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Curtis LaMasters wrote:

...I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have to click on each email in a thread to read its content.

This caught my eye, and I wonder if there may be a correlation to user preference.

I avoid using the mouse wherever possible, preferring keyboard-typed commands in CLI apps and keyboard shortcuts in GUI apps. I spend most of my online time using text-based news and mail clients, as I'm interested in word content and have optimized use of the keyboard for my particular clients. I can understand how clicking on every message would be tiresome.

Maybe those who prefer a forum type of interface tend to prefer use of the mouse? Of the two who have seemed positive toward a forum, Curtis has implied preference for a mouse (e.g., even in MS Outlook I use strictly keyboard commands to read e-mail). I wonder if Peter might also prefer mouse use.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise     <t...@heise.nu>     Bloomington, IN, USA