On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 19:30 -0700, Stefan Malte Schumacher wrote:
> Hello

A Nabble user with a name. Hooray! :)

> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> | spamassassin

I suggest running the spamd daemon, and then change that to call spamc
rather than plain spamassassin. That eliminates the start-up penalty for
starting Perl and SA for each incoming message.

> :0
> spam

A delivery recipe, mbox format destination. You want locking. (Default
is perfectly fine, just make that first line :0: with a trailing colon.)

> My first problem is that there is still a lot of spam coming through.
> I have enabled and configured Razor, DCC and Pyzor but even though
> most spam is recognized by DCC it doesn't give enough points to
> classify the mail as spam.

If this doesn't help, you might be better of uploading a raw sample
including all headers somewhere (own server, or a pastebin) and send a
link.

"Spam coming through" can have a lot of reasons. Your stabbing at these
particular 3 rules might or might not be the real cause.

> I have tried adding the appropriate lines, which I believe should be
> "score DCC_CHECK 5.0" if I want all emails which "pass" the DCC-Check
> to get 5 points. Unfortunately this is not working, neither for DCC
> nor for Razor.

Yes, that should do it.

Evidence that it's not working? Show us some SA headers. In this case, a
spam sample that triggered DCC, cause the Report header does show the
rule's score.

> So which lines do I have to add in order for all mails which are
> recognized by either DCC, Razor or Pyzor to be classified as Spam?

Keep in mind that DCC lists *bulk*, not necessarily spam. Mailing-list
traffic is one example, usually listed by DCC.

> Locate lists two directories with SpamAssassin-Rules:
> /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005/updates_spamassassin_org/

sa-update channels' rule-sets.

> /usr/share/spamassassin

Stock rules shipped with SA. Put there at install time, which may be a
package manager or from source. These will be used by default. Ignored,
if there is an sa-update dir.

> Running spamassassin -D < sample-spam.txt seems to indicate that only
> the directory under /var/lib is used. Can I delete the old files in
> /usr/share/spamassassin or are they still needed? Why does

They will not be used, as long as there's *always* an sa-update dir with
a version matching your current SA version. As a fallback, and not to
mess with your install process, I do not recommend to flame it. It's
just 620 kB anyway.

> SpamAssassin place the updates rules in a different directoy than the
> one in which the original rules are installed?

Because the update ones are versioned. Because there may be multiple
channels. Because package managers generally don't like messing with
their install base. ;)  And because it is a safe fallback.

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";