Quoting "McDonald, Dan" <dan.mcdon...@austinenergy.com>:

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 10:34 -0600, LuKreme wrote:
On Aug 4, 2009, at 6:35, d.h...@yournetplus.com wrote:

> Quoting LuKreme <krem...@kreme.com>:
>
>> On 3-Aug-2009, at 18:36, Dennis G German wrote:
>
> If you use the lists as an RBL to reject at SMTP, you will end up
> rejecting legitimate email. Here, I have the zones rsync to rbldnsd
> locally and have SA rules test the last external IP.

If you do it right, you are very unlikly to lose legitimate bounces.

I thought I'd test a few rules on it, but I'm having trouble getting
rbldnsd to deal with the zones.  Does anyone have a sample config that
works?  I've gotten other zones to load via rbldnsd, so I'm sure it's
something stupid on my part, or maybe it just doesn't like - in
zonenames...

service rbldnsd restart
Stopping rbldnsd: invaluement                                   [  OK  ]
Starting rbldnsd: invaluement                                   [  OK  ]
Stopping rbldnsd: uceprotect                                    [  OK  ]
Starting rbldnsd: uceprotect                                    [  OK  ]
Starting rbldnsd:
dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net:ip4set:uceprotect/dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net rbldnsd:
no zone(s) to service specified (-h for help)
                                                                [FAILED]
Starting rbldnsd:
dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net:ip4set:uceprotect/dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net rbldnsd:
no zone(s) to service specified (-h for help)
                                                                [FAILED]
Stopping rbldnsd: uceprotect4                                   [  OK  ]
Starting rbldnsd: uceprotect4                                   [  OK  ]

The relevant stanza is

uceprotect -r/var/lib/rbldnsd -q -b127.0.0.1/5354 \
dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net:ip4set:uceprotect/dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net \
dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net:ip4set:uceprotect/dnsbl-2.uceprotect.net \
dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net:ip4set:uceprotect/dnsbl-3.uceprotect.net \

Once I get that running I'll try to tackle a meta rule for blank from:
and

It appears you are trying to load the zones from within a directory called uceprotect within the chrooted /var/lib/rbldnsd. Perhaps /var/lib/rbldnsd/uceprotect doesn't contain any zone files.