Michael Scheidell wrote:

And, exchange 2003, service pack 1 took away the ability for imap to see public folders, didn't it?

I pull spam and ham via IMAP from public folders on an Exchange 2003 server with SP2. Works great, includes all headers.

one of our guys just let me know that imap users on Exchange 2007 can't read public folders, I was mistaken (SP1 broke it)

<http://iss.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/137/exchange_2007-withdrawal_of_public_folder_access_using_imap_client_software>

I've recently been writing an application which transfers messages via IMAP into an Exchange 2007 system. One thing I've noticed is that doing an IMAP APPEND, and then fetching the same message with an IMAP FETCH, retrieves a heavily modified version of the message. It seems to do all sorts of weird things to messages, so it may not be appropriate to pull messages out of Exchange 2007 via IMAP to feed into sa-learn.

Some examples:

It parses the Date header and rewrites it in it's preferred format. It even changes the timezone!

It adds a Date header if one was missing.

The From/To/Cc headers are parsed and rewritten in Exchanges preferred format.

I came across a message with a Subject line of: "Subject: Latest Vacancies For =??Q?PhD=92S?=", when I read that one back after uploading it, the entire subject line is empty.

Headers named "Message-Id" are renamed "Message-ID". A new Message-ID is added if one doesn't already exist.

Line wrapping in headers is messed with too.

There's probably loads of other little things.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/