drkwc wrote:
> My "Why" is that I get 1,500-plus spams daily on some of my older domains.

One thing you should double check is that you are blocking all
dictionary attack e-mails. What I mean is that a certain percentage of
spams are making wild guesses at the particular recipient's e-mail
addresses. If you have a "catch-all" account which says, "if that alias
doesn't exist, when that message here", then all those wild guess
dictionary attack spams will flood that mailbox. So make sure that you
have that "catch-all" feature (which is now a 'bug'... it used to be a
feature a decade ago) turned off. That way, all spam sent addresses
which don't exist will get rejected by your mail server before ANY kind
of spam filtering is needed. This is much more efficient than sending
these through spam assassin!

Or, am I wrong and these 1,500 spams really are being sent to actual
legit e-mail addresses?

--
Rob McEwen
http://dnsbl.invaluement.com/