On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 17:27 -0500, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> > > For more than 10000 emails a day how much memory should be the server?
> > > as one can calculate the amount of memory needed?
> >
> > That depends on mail spikes, processing times, how you call SA, other
> > applications (like ClamAV), and whether or not you hit swap. You didn't
> > answer that.
>
> This server has just installed SpamAssassin and is called from another
> server using Simscan (With Qmail + Vpopmail + ClamAV).

>From your original post:
 user_scores_dsn  DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost
 user_awl_dsn     DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost
 bayes_sql_dsn    DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost

So you ARE running an SQL server on this very host.

> The average hourly emails scanned is approximately 500 but I imagine
> it must be some hours where more emails coming.
>
> Think increasing to 2 GB of RAM is enough?

Probably, yes. But yet again, it depends on what you are running on that
server, and how severely it hits swap. As Jason said, *you* as a
sysadmin must decide about this.

> Voy analizar cada entrada de whitelist_from

Pardon? That doesn't parse here... ;)

> > > As if well trained Bayes?
> >
> > Sorry, don't get that.
>
> I meant if there a way to know if this learning Bayes correctly.

Check your BAYES_xx hits for spam and ham.

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";