On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 09:48 +1200, Jason Haar wrote:
> On 09/19/2009 09:13 AM, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:
> > For more than 10000 emails a day how much memory should be the server?
> > as one can calculate the amount of memory needed?
>
> 10,000 a day means you are running a "real" mail server (ie not just for
> your home), as such you really need a "real" server. I'm surprised

The CPU should be capable of handling it, I guess. I mean, I've set up
more than a single SA server on an Atom CPU, each of them pretty much
bored to death -- granted, not 10k messages a day each, but still,
they're just idling...

The RAM is the killer here. With half a Gig, I'd feel uncomfortable
running SA for 10k messages a day. And then there's ClamAV, the MTA, and
probably more. I just hope he's not also running...

Crap. I was about to say something along the lines of "webserver,
mediawiki and thus SQL server", but -- he is!

This reminded me of the fact that he is running an SQL server for user
prefs, AWL and Bayes. Wow.

This machine NEEDS more RAM. In fact, I'd guess half of the spam
slipping through is due to timeouts. Thrashing into hell.

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";