On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 09:58 -0500, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> I will implement improvements in the configuration  suggested and
> observe the results, however, that more could be suggested to improve
> my spam service?

I think you need to find out more about where your system resources are
going.

For starters, take a look at maillog (/var/log/maillog on my system) to
check whether any SA child processes are timing out. If they are, you
need to find out why processing those messages took so long and, if
possible, speed that up, e.g. if RBL checks or domain name lookups are
slow, consider running a local caching DNS.

If that doesn't turn up anything obvious, use performance monitoring
tools (sar, iostat, mpstat, etc) to see what is consuming the system
resources: you have to know where and what the bottleneck(s) are before
you can do anything about them. You can find these tools here:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/sysstat/

if they aren't part of your distro's package repository.

Martin