Dear Sirs

 A few moments ago I noticed that SA was not assigned any score for SPAM
emails, reviewing the log I see this:

@400000004aba627c21bee88c [25630] info: spamd: got connection over
/tmp/spamd.sock
@400000004aba627c21dbc344 [10362] info: prefork: child states:
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
@400000004aba627c21de4f9c [10362] info: prefork: server reached --max-children
setting, consider raising it
@400000004aba627c21f6a9fc [29083] info: spamd: got connection over
/tmp/spamd.sock
@400000004aba627c22137ce4 [10362] info: prefork: child states:
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
@400000004aba627c23420234 [25630] info: spamd: processing message
<20090923123800.35362610...@mail6.shermanstravel.com> for cama...@qnet.com.pe:89
@400000004aba627c235e293c [10362] info: prefork: server reached --max-children
setting, consider raising it
@400000004aba627c26639554 [29083] info: spamd: processing message
<20090923174010.29472.qm...@mkt1.lan.com> for cbr...@qnet.com.pe:89
@400000004aba62832e01e694 [10362] info: prefork: child states:
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
@400000004aba62832e01ee64 [10362] info: prefork: server reached --max-children
setting, consider raising it
tail: `/var/log/qmail/spamd/current' has been replaced;  following end of new
file

 cpu

Cpu(s): 89.2% us,  9.8% sy,  0.0% ni,  0.0% id,  0.0% wa,  1.0% hi,  0.0% si

 memory

Mem:           501        319        181          0         22         78
-/+ buffers/cache:        218        282
Swap:         1027         38        988

 Load
 13:02:27 up 35 days, 21:49,  4 users,  load average: 21.76, 21.17, 17.37

 Was solved by restarting SA

This is due to lack of server resources?

Thanks

Jose Luis

> From: list...@abbacomm.net
> To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
> Subject: RE: Problems with high spam
> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:27:38 -0700
>

> > but it could be nice that sare rules was checked in the mass
> > check for 3.3.x to get the best rules out in new rule sets
> >
> > or would some other try this ?
> >
> > --
> > xpoint
>
> Benny!
>
> excellent idea in general...
>
> will those in authority in SA team please act upon this and tell us in some
> positive way what appears to be best to keep out of SARE and what is not...
>
> much of the time it seems like we are double dipping with some rules and
> something needs to change...
>
> i realize it can be different from site to site yet maybe if we had some
> extra info we could all make better decisions eh???
>
> :-)
>
>  - rh

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!