Dear Sirs,

 First of all thank them for their help

 I was out of the office for some days that is why I am taking up this issue
recently.

 I made the changes I recommended such as:

 Add RBL
 Add SARE rules and SOUGTH
 Reducing the amount of SPAM processes from 20 to 5
 Set spamc -x "not-safe-fallback"
 In Qmail add rbl zen.spamhaus.org

 And the result for yesterday is as follows:

Total messages:                Ham:       Spam:      % Spam:
7505                           5218       2287       30.47%

 Compared with the statistics before making changes:

Total messages:                Ham:       Spam:      % Spam:
11451                          5153       6298       55.00%

It shows is that the total amount of emails has decreased
considerably and this has been for add zen.spamhaus.org to qmail.

 But I have reports that users are receiving SPAM emails

 I have some questions:
 - How to calculate the amount of memory and CPU used by each process Spamd?
 - Approximately 85% of spam are in Spanish, this can be a problem for
SpamAssassin?
 - Which tool can I use to get statistics of SpamAssassin, I am currently using
the script "sa-stats.pl".

Thanks

Jose Luis

> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:33:26 -0700
> From: jhar...@impsec.org
> To: users@spamassassin.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Problems with high spam
>
> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>

> >> - the high load is because of high number of spamd
> >> children running.
> >>
> >> - the missing scores of some emails are because you need
> >>  more of spamd children running, connections are refused
> >>  so any spamc client just passes messages as they are.
> >>

> > And this is where spamc option -x helps. Failed ones will be put back yo
> > queue.
>
> I believe the OP put the -x in the spamd command line, not the spamc
> command line...
>
> --
>   John Hardin KA7OHZ                    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
>   jhar...@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174     pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
>   key: 0xB8732E79 -- 2D8C 34F4 6411 F507 136C  AF76 D822 E6E6 B873 2E79
>    We are hell-bent and determined to allocate the talent, the
>    resources, the money, the innovation to absolutely become a
>    powerhouse in the ad business.       -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer
>    ...because allocating talent to securing Windows isn't profitable?
>   Approximately 8793360 firearms legally purchased in the U.S. this year

Discover the new Windows Vista