Hi Marc,
At 09:32 30-09-2009, Marc Perkel wrote:
I have a lot of mighty servers set up ad have servers at 4 locations. I have 50mb bought and using about 30 of it now. I am not sure what it takes to support a default SA inclusion. Does anyone know if what I described sounds like it is enough?

They can still be a soft target. Most of the DNSBLs were unprepared to deal with denial of service attacks. Some of them have closed down after an attack. That can be a problem for users as most people have a "configure and forget" setup or it's a default vendor setup.

The bandwidth may be enough for current usage. The more mirrors you have, the better. If your DNSBL is effective, you might be able to get help with that. The "problems" with your setup is not worse than other resources that are commonly used by users from this mailing list.

Someone pointed out that it's not a good idea to do more DNS lookups as it affects the performance of SpamAssassin. It does not matter whether your DNSBL is included in the default configuration as people will use it if they believe that it is effective in stopping spam. If you are concerned about marketing, then it may matter to you. :-)

Regards,
-sm