Or, on the other hand, Spammers may see it as an opportunity - assuming
that people will be doing just that - removing rules against Geocities.

Hmm. I wouldn't be doing that any time soon - after all there is nothing
stopping Spammers from faking geocities originating addresses or other
header info.

Cheers,
Michael.