On Saturday 31 October 2009, Yet Another Ninja wrote:
>On 10/31/2009 2:33 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> this works for me:
>>> :0cW
>>> :
>>>
>>> CLAMAV_CODE=$?
>>>
>>> :0
>>>
>>> * CLAMAV_CODE ?? 1
>>> /dev/null
>>
>> This looks like what I had in mind.  But since I don't have that part
>> checked out yet, would it then delete the mail because clamdscan had an
>> error?  I'll enable the second after the first is working. :)
>
>it will only delete the msg if clamdscan returns code 1
>if it errors out, it won't return code 1
>
>running only the first part will only show it did something if you
>enable procmail logging

It is enabled, and a tail shows this:

procmail: Executing "clamdscan,--no-summary,--stdout,-"
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (2) from "clamdscan"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=clamdscan --no-summary --stdout -"
procmail: Assigning "CLAMAV_CODE=2"

for every msg so far.  Now I need to grok what the error is.  It may be that
I need to tell clamdscan who it is running as since its is not running as the
user clamav.

Thanks

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

The F-15 Eagle:
        If it's up, we'll shoot it down.  If it's down, we'll blow it up.
-- A McDonnel-Douglas ad from a few years ago