On Saturday 31 October 2009, Karl Pearson wrote:
>On Sat, October 31, 2009 7:16 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> Does anyone have a procmail recipe that incorporates clamav into the
>> checks,
>> and one that handles the clamav output to /dev/null the viri etc?
>>
>> At least I assume clamav doesn't auto-delete, I've not yet studied all
>> the
>> docs, but do have freshclam running apparently ok.
>>
>> Thanks everybody.
>
>I use ClamAV-milter at MTA level at the gateway. In the new version of
>ClamAV, email is not deleted, but is quarantined within sendmail itself.

I don't believe the gateway I'm using (x86 version of dd-wrt) has the iron
(or storage, its booting from a cf card) to pull that off, even if I could
figure out how to make it an email proxy server.

>I run a cron job against the sendmail queue and send myself a report on
>each quarantined email, then remove them. With sendmail this is done
>with these two commands:
>
>report each:
>mailq -qQ
>remove from quarantine and delete:
>sendmail -qQ
>
>Very useful and the virus infected emails don't get inside my network
>anywhere, which if using procmail/SpamAssassin, they would have to. My
>network is protected from both the viruses and the waste of email
>traffic.

Twould be nice, but I'd settle for a couple of lines in the procmail.log
indicating it was sent to /dev/null.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

<knghtbrd> *sigh*  My todo list is like the fucking energizer bunny
<knghtbrd> It keeps growing and growing and growing and ...