On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, LuKreme wrote:
It's already been stayed no changes to 3.2.5 will be made until 3.3 is done, hasn't it?

Well, at this point, I respectfully bow, and take a step back, so as not to sound too demanding of our great volunteers (smile), but I believe in another of my posts I put forward the idea that design, testnig and implementation of rules should be a bit more 'frequent', drawing upon the model of ClamAV, with signatures being frequently released, even while the next major 'engine' update is in the works.

I recognize, from the existence of such sites as 'rules du jour' that it has long been a practice for SA to release 'core' rule updates very infrequently. But with respect, I question whether that is still a good practice, particularly when an 'issue' raises concern over a particular set of scores, and it would *appear* that these updates require relatively little effort.

So, to put it bluntly, I don't see how a couple of rules changes are worthy of being 'held back' by the entire push to SA 3.3..... I would think that a few quick adjustments, and presumably a 'masscheck' would suffice, and new/revised rules could be released at least on a monthly basis without any serious concern for compromising the overall score balance that is the critical goal of SA updates?

Or am I grossly mis-estimating the work-load? :)

- C