On Fri, 2010-01-22 at 19:47 +1100, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> > In a previous post, i have request a information, can i use one
> > central bayes database
> > for a lot of SpamAssassin Server.
> >
> > I have received a answer: Yes
> >
> > But what is the process ?
>
> I use a common bayes database for all users ;
> I added :
> use_bayes 1
> bayes_path /usr/local/etc/mail/bayes/bayes
> bayes_file_mode 0666
>
> to local.cf

The original question was not about central database for all users on
one host (which is a trivial solution), but for a central database for
multiple servers.
I suppose you could share common directory between servers via NFS and
use the file database but I'm pretty sure you'd quickly run into
problems with file locking and such stuff so you'd probablw want to go
for MySQL solution.
Check out this article for example:
http://www.starbridge.org/spip/spip.php?article15&lang=fr
(It uses debian as the base instalation but I don't think it's that
different in other systems)

--
|  k...@epsilon.eu.org   |