On 28/01/2010 01:34, jida...@jidanni.org wrote:

Long ago, I tried mailing directly direct-to-mx style, but that of
course didn't work, e.g., http://www.spamhaus.org/pbl/query/PBL109625
So only 5% of my mail got through.

So then I tried mailing through The ISP Here, Hinet.Net's SMTP server,
but of course Hinet.Net has a bad name. So only 50% of my mail got through.

So, upon people like you guy's recommendation, I (asked my mom to buy)
me a dreamhost.com account.

You could have set up a free gmail account and then configured your MTA to use GMail's SMTP submission service as a smarthost.

However I can't shake off the Original Sin of Being in Taiwan. All
people with Taiwan Colored Skin will have points deducted, no matter
what. We use the Telephone Company's ISP.

I don't use this term lightly but you're an idiot if you think any of this has to do with skin colour or race. The only thing you'll achieve by making such claims is mass ridicule.

"J" == Jailer-Daemon<b...@connect.ie>  writes:
J>  On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:30:28AM -0500,<msher...@projectile.ca>  wrote:

He's using an SMTP relay

J>  He is, but it isn't a Hinet relay. At least not in the URL he gave.
J>  It should be possible to relay out from your own ISP and not score
J>  anything on SARE rules, without having to pay extra for "clean" SMTP
J>  relaying (which is what seems to be happening here).

Now you guys are saying I should go back to using Hinet.Net's SMTP, even
though my mom has already paid a 5 year contract for me at Dreamhost.

Five years? That wasn't very clever. Why not just configure the MTA on your Dreamhost server to remove the offending IP/hostname data from mail before relaying it? I don't know what MTA you're using but if it's "Exim" and you ask on the Exim users mailing list, I'll help you there.

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, Perl developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226