Hello,

Am 2010-03-10 13:37:20, schrieb Dennis B. Hopp:
> We seem to be having a problem where clients that we interact with
> regularly are having their hotmail/gmail/yahoo accounts hijacked.  We
> are receiving e-mails from their accounts that legitimately go through
> the correct servers (hotmail,yahoo, etc.) and so they get passed through
> our spam filters.  The messages have different bodies but basically say
> the same thing that they were on vacation and had all their money stolen
> so they need to have money wire transferred to them.
>
> Obviously we just have to tell the clients that they need to deal with
> the various e-mail providers, but is there an effective way that I can
> filter these messages out before my users see them without blacklisting
> the address?  In one case I had probably 15 users that received the same
> message and naturally they freaked out.

I have such problem too, but because  spam  is  filtered  in  the  users
account from procmail include, I use a  global  procmail  include  which
check for such problems, speak, I use  a  global  SA  installation  with
striped down checks plus some additional procmail recipes and after this
is passed, it goes to the "second stage" into the uses account.

If I detect this on "legitimate domains" the user and  <abuse>  will  be
informed through an automated bounce.

Note:   I have on the domain <tdwave.net> arround 2000 users and if
        I do not automated spam processing, I have to look  manualy
        at more the 180.000 spams per day.  => ~2 mesage per seond.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>                 Michelle Konzack
<http://www.can4linux.org/>                   Apt. 917
<http://www.flexray4linux.org/>               50, rue de Soultz
Jabber linux4miche...@jabber.ccc.de           67100 Strabourg/France
IRC    #Debian (irc.icq.com)                  Tel. DE: +49 177 9351947
ICQ    #328449886                             Tel. FR: +33  6  61925193