On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 13:37 -0600, Dennis B. Hopp wrote:
> We seem to be having a problem where clients that we interact with
> regularly are having their hotmail/gmail/yahoo accounts hijacked.  We
> are receiving e-mails from their accounts that legitimately go through
> the correct servers (hotmail,yahoo, etc.) and so they get passed through
> our spam filters.  The messages have different bodies but basically say
> the same thing that they were on vacation and had all their money stolen
> so they need to have money wire transferred to them.
>
> Obviously we just have to tell the clients that they need to deal with
> the various e-mail providers, but is there an effective way that I can
> filter these messages out before my users see them without blacklisting
> the address?  In one case I had probably 15 users that received the same
> message and naturally they freaked out.

Why only free accounts , The 419'ers hijack legitimate corporate
accounts too. Again , As Ips have good reputation and the mails land in
the inbox
I think the only way of handling this to send proper abuse reports

Probably the free mail providers are less reponsive to abuse reports
than corporate ones.

Thanks
Ram