On 2010-03-30 01:29, Brent Kennedy wrote:

Graylisting does work.

I know it works. That's why I said I like it because it stops spam. Been using my own implementation for years.

I think after I turned it on, the botnet plug-in got bored.  My stats for it
dropped significantly.  So that’s my proof it does adversely affect botnets.

No, that's your proof that it has a positive impact on your incoming mail stream. It does not prove that it have a significant negative impact on the botnets.

From what I see, botnets seem to have resources to spare.
A lot of sending bots still hasn't adapted to greylisting.
Bots still tries to send to addresses we have been rejecting for 10 years.

I suspect that If the botnets were short on bandwidth and computer power, the programmers would have fix those issues a long time ago. And the simple fact that they still haven't adapted to greylisting indicates that it's impact is not (so far) big enough to care about.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda