On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Jonas Eckerman wrote:

On 2010-03-30 01:29, Brent Kennedy wrote:

 I think after I turned it on, the botnet plug-in got bored.  My stats
 for it dropped significantly.  So that’s my proof it does adversely
 affect botnets.

No, that's your proof that it has a positive impact on your incoming mail stream. It does not prove that it have a significant negative impact on the botnets.

I think that TCP tarpits would have more effect on the botnets than greylisting. However, "more" might still be "not very much", particularly in the absence of _widespread_ TCP tarpitting of bots.

  Homeland Security: Specializing in Tactical Band-aids for Strategic
  Problems.                       -- Eric K. in Bruce Schneier's blog
 2 days until April Fools' day