I have just found out why most of my emails have been getting tagged
as spam this year. It's because of a bug in a rule which causes this
hit to happen when it shouldn't: "FH_DATE_PAST_20XX    The date is
grossly in the future". The actual file at fault is 72_active.cf which
is a spamassassin rule file and it can be fixed by getting the new
file via sa-update.

But I don't understand how to use sa-update. I've run it and I can see
all the new rule files in /var/lib/spamassassin/3.002005. However, I
think my rules run off the files in /usr/share/spamassassin/. The wiki
at http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleUpdates#Using_sa-update
says NOT to use the "--updatedir" parameter to put updates in
/usr/share/spamassassin. So how exactly do you get the new rule files
into /usr/share/spamassassin so they start working? Do you just copy
them across manually, or is there a way of getting sa-update to do it
automatically?