> I don't know if it is safe.  I suspect it will function normally, but I
> think you'd be in danger of losing a few messages on an unexpected
> reboot.
>
> I had a very dramatic performance improvement by switching bayes and
> awl
> databases to MySQL instead of the default BerkeleyDB.  It costs more
> RAM, CPU, and disk space, but scan times reduced dramatically.  I'm
> certain we were I/O bound before this change because we had plenty of
> RAM and CPU available.

I agree to the bayes DB being MySQL.  When we switched to that years ago it was
night and day.  We have a central MySQL cluster feeding multiple SA instances
without any problem.  Generally we are running VM's for SA as we can randomly
spin then up when we need them on machines with idle CPU's.

Gary