Emin Akbulut wrote:

> I also have spamd crash problem, it crashes very often:
>
> Application: spamd.exe,
> version 3.3.1.2,
> timestamp 0x4b75db31,
> modul IPHLPAPI.DLL_unloaded,
> version 0.0.0.0,
> timestamp 0x49e037a4,
> code 0xc0000005,
> error loc 0x74f83386,
> eventid 0xe98,
> app startup 0x01cb23e00ec14618.

This is a known issue when using a 64-bit Windows. It seems to appear when
mail load increases and additional childs have to be spawned in a relatively
short time. I already told ActiveState about this, but they guess it's a
problem in this specific dll when running a 32-bit application in 64-bit
context. So nothing that could yet be worked around by tweaking the
SpamAssassin source.

You may want to "solve" this by increasing your --max-spare, at least this
works for our servers.

Daniel