LuKreme wrote:

> On 15-Jul-2010, at 00:59, Daniel Lemke wrote:
>> You may want to "solve" this by increasing your --max-spare, at least
>> this
>> works for our servers.
>
> Or sneaking in one night and ninja-installing FreeBSD/Linux on all those
> windows boxes…
>
> Not that I'm suggesting that, of course.
>
> :D

Oh great, we have a volunteer ;)
You certainly right, but we use this Windows ports of SpamAssassin mostly in
combination with some Exchange extensions for (Windows) Small Business
Servers. By this, they just have make one or two decisions for the
installer, and that's it. Forcing somebody to set up a VM or even a real
unix box would be quite overshot.

Emin Akbulut wrote:

> I don't know the default --max-spare value if any and what do you suggest,
> Daniel?
> Our MTA thread limit is 6.

If nothing set, spamd starts with two children. Of course, optimum depends
on your mail load, but if its really the fork emulation that is killing your
daemon, try to set up to 4 or 5. I've set it to 5 on our production, enough
to handle a mail for every second or so.

Daniel