Testing "hundreds of different email messages at the same time" is a bit
excessive;
ram usage, harddisk I/O bottleneck, etc... In my case if threads are more
than 16
then server may become non-responsive because of virtual memory is too
high.
SA is not a cpu hunger application but it uses
quite high memory, especially spamassassin.exe (50 MB avg./ takes 5 seconds
/ per session)