On 15.7.2010 16:09, Gnanam wrote:

> Where do I limit/configure the number of child processes that spamd can run?
> Can you provide me documentation link for the same?
> Can you share with me the normal limit imposed by a typical MTA?

It depends. If you are using *nix it is dependent on the *nix brand or
Linux distribution. For example in Debian it is in /etc/default/spamassassin

My config: default --maxchildren

---------------------------(8<)-----------------------------------
# NOTE: version 3.0.x has switched to a "preforking" model, so you
# need to make sure --max-children is not set to anything higher than
# 5, unless you know what you're doing.

OPTIONS="--siteconfigpath=/etc/spamassassin --nouser-config -q \
         -i 0.0.0.0 -A 127.0.0.1,10.0.0.0/8 -u spam -l --allow-tell"

The config location can be seen in /etc/init.d/spamassassin (or spamd),
where it reads the config settings. The settings may be in that script
itself, as well.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/
client, please contact me.

You will be audited by the Internal Revenue Service.