Karsten, all:

> I may be wrong, but I understand Neil is talking about a single, ISP
> provided email address. Just about the same as any Gmail, Yahoo or GMX
> address. There is NO way for a 5xx SMTP response. In fact, he was
> explicitly talking about an IMAP account, so the mail has been delivered
> already. Nothing can be done about that. Except better filtering and
> delivering spam to a dedicated folder to keep the Inbox clean.

That is a correct description of the situation.

Ted's attitude seems to be "do it right, or don't do it all", which,
usually, I am completely for.  That being said, I don't actually build
my own car, for the sake of it being "right".  In this case, given my
various time constraints (trying to finish my research/dissertation),
it is the case that the prefect is the enemy of the good.  So, either
I will do it "wrong" (and maybe it won't work that way), or I won't do
it at all . . .

Neil