On 11/11/2010 8:09 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:
On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 19:57 -0500, Jason Bertoch wrote:
On 11/11/2010 7:41 PM, Noel Butler wrote:
but then again, SA doesn't support SPF record type, only TXT type..
Really? I don't use SPF in SA, only MTA, if that's the case,  it is
a shame that SA also is behind the times. It was years ago SPF type
was ratified.

[SA devs]: Any plans to change that?
ouch, not yet verified, but +1 in the meantime
/me points at bugzilla

Guys, mind checking there? If there's not even a bug filed about it, the
answer most likely would be "no plans yet". As an exercise to the
reader, if there's no such bug filed, please do so. :)

To be fair, lack of a filed bug may not mean that the feature in question isn't already supported. Or is bugzilla truly a 100% complete list of all things SA ever? I don't know, maybe someone diligently populated it of all things SA, including before ASF took it on, and it really does list all features. I can see your point where a bug exists, but does it really hurt that much to ask when one isn't found?

The point of the post was that, despite lack of a bug (that I could find) and personal testing of SA support for DNS SPF records, including necessity in the real world, someone else might have already done so previously, and to encourage them to speak up before I waste time tomorrow.

--
/Jason