On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 21:19 -0500, Jason Bertoch wrote:
> On 11/11/2010 8:09 PM, Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

> > /me points at bugzilla
> >
> > Guys, mind checking there? If there's not even a bug filed about it, the
> > answer most likely would be "no plans yet". As an exercise to the
> > reader, if there's no such bug filed, please do so. :)
>
> To be fair, lack of a filed bug may not mean that the feature in
> question isn't already supported.  Or is bugzilla truly a 100% complete
> list of all things SA ever?  I don't know, maybe someone diligently
> populated it of all things SA, including before ASF took it on, and it
> really does list all features.  I can see your point where a bug exists,
> but does it really hurt that much to ask when one isn't found?

Frankly, despite being a SA dev, I don't care all that much about *all*
aspects and supported thingies. Which, in this case, includes SPF an its
peculiarities.

Anyway, what I was about specifically was the call for Justin, and the
devs in general in a revised version. If you wanna ask the devs, ask in
dev@ -- that's where all of them are.

Regarding pre-ASF -- honestly, I don't know. However, going through
bugzilla, I've found ample evidence that there *are* ancient reports
imported to the current bugzilla instance. Probably even pre-dating any
bugzilla used for the project. However, I do not know for sure. I joined
the project after that.

> The point of the post was that, despite lack of a bug (that I could
> find) and personal testing of SA support for DNS SPF records, including
> necessity in the real world, someone else might have already done so
> previously, and to encourage them to speak up before I waste time tomorrow.

I did not see any hint in your previous post that you did try searching
bugzilla. Hence, me pointing out that resource rather than calling for
devs on the users list.

Also, if someone else might have already stabbed at this, it would have
been either documented here, on the dev list, or on bugzilla (which
would be a sub-set of the dev list).

--
char *t="\10pse\0r\0dtu...@ghno\x4e\xc8\x79\xf4\xab\x51\x8a\x10\xf4\xf4\xc4";