On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 04:44:41PM -0500, dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> http://wiki.junkemailfilter.com/index.php/Spam_DNS_Lists#Familiar_Domains
>
> These *might* work.  I mangled together a couple types of tests:
>
> header __RCVD_IN_FAMILIAR            eval:check_rbl_envfrom('familiar',
> 'hostkarma.junkemailfilter.com.')
> describe __RCVD_IN_FAMILIAR          Received from IP in Hostkarma Familiar
> tflags __RCVD_IN_FAMILIAR            net
> reuse  __RCVD_IN_FAMILIAR
>
> header RCVD_IN_LAST2DAYS              eval:check_rbl_sub('familiar',
> '127.0.2.1')
> describe RCVD_IN_LAST2DAYS            Received from IP first seen in last two
> days
> tflags RCVD_IN_LAST2DAYS              net
> reuse  RCVD_IN_LAST2DAYS
>
> header RCVD_IN_LAST10DAYS              eval:check_rbl_sub('familiar',
> '127.0.2.2')
> describe RCVD_IN_LAST10DAYS            Received from IP first seen in last
> ten days
> tflags RCVD_IN_LAST10DAYS              net
> reuse  RCVD_IN_LAST10DAYS
>

> I'd be curious to hear how that goes.  And what would happen if they were
> run through the weekly network mass checks.

It was already tested a year ago. Actually 2D was pretty good back then, I
remember getting 0.95+ S/O. Right now it looks pretty pathetic on my stats
and only hitting on handful of messages. Anything from hostkarma can change
day to day. Of course it's completely dependant on what traffic Marc sees.