On 1/3/11 10:35 AM, John Levine wrote:
Agreed.  I also find that bl.spamcop.org now works well with low
false positives.  It used to have terrible FP, but they fixed it.

I would hope that a mass spam run from a compromised aol/hotmail/gmail account would trigger some SA points on the aol smtp server (how does google rate a dnsbl whitelisting?)

If that is so, than using bl.spamcop.org at the mta level would block everyone (randomly) sending though THAT aol server.

if spamcop has whitelisted aol/gmail/hotmail/yahoo, than it becomes useless in stopping this current wave of compromised accounts.
If they didn't, then it will cause FP's if used at mta level.

We are evaluating spamhaus.org commercial feed right now, and have a never gotten a FP so far. some FN's (hint: verizon's new 4g network has a new /10 block that isn't in spamhaus.org pbl yet.)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
>*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

   * Certified SNORT Integrator
   * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
   * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(r). For Information please see http://www.secnap.com/products/spammertrap/ ______________________________________________________________________