On 1/19/2011 9:25 AM, Matt wrote:
The legitimate mail that passes through my mail server comes from
hosts / networks I might not hear from again for months, by which
time I have to potentially wait 24 hours for the greylisting / mail
server to try again.

I run greylisting on an email server with several thousand email
accounts and think its great.  Reduced system load drastically.  I
also have a perl script I have wrote that runs every minute and looks
at all messages that arrived in last 60 seconds and if spamassassin
gave them a score of less then 5 it adds the sending MTA to a
whitelist.  It also removes any from the whitelist that have sent a
message that scored over 5.  The whitelist goes back 6 months and is
continually refreshed by the script.  The whitelist typically has 40K
IP's in it.

As a result no one even notices the greylisting, AFAIK...

Is that the greylist whitelist or the SA whitelist?

Ted