On 2/20/2011 6:31 AM, dar...@chaosreigns.com wrote:

I know of no reason it would be a temporary hiccup, but it is certainly
unusual.  According to spamassassin's mass checks, 0.89% of spam hits
RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED:  http://www.chaosreigns.com/dnswl/

The masscheck results are a bit misleading, overwhelmed in quantity with lower quality trap spam at the moment because the higher quality real-address sorted spam is in such low quantity. A few weeks ago when DOS revealed that we need at minimum of 150k spam in a 2 month window I even adjusted my servers to include a larger percentage of trap spam. I know this is problematic, but I intend this to be temporary. I will adjust this down as we have more volunteers join the nightly masscheck and our overall quantities are boosted.

My point is, DNSWL violations seem to be occurring at a higher rate to real e-mail addresses than to fake addresses.

Warren