On 3/1/2011 11:55 AM, John Levine wrote:
 From a legal perspective I will point out that any e-mail you
receive is (at least in the US, but most other countries too)
considered copyrighted by the sender.  Under copyright law the
sender has the right to control expiration of content they create,

I really think it would be a good idea for people to refrain from
playing Junior Lawyer here.

I know just enough about copyright law to know that this claim is
nonsense.

No, it is not nonsense.  Copyright law does allow the content creator
to specify duration of use.  If you go view a movie in a movie theater
you buy a ticket for a single viewing, you do not automatically get
to view it multiple times just because you bought a ticket.

Ted

R's,
John