On 3/8/2011 9:58 AM, Bill Landry wrote:
FYI: "Spamhaus created a new "URL shortener/redirector" zone in the
DBL." See:

http://www.spamhaus.org/news.lasso?article=667

Will Spamassassin be adding support for this new DBL
shortener/redirector response code?:

127.0.1.3 spammed redirector domain

For details, see:

http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers.lasso?section=Spamhaus%20DBL#291

Regards,

Bill

OK, so this is meant to be used as a URIBL. I don't see this as anything special because there is no way to query the pathname portion of a URI which would allow more fine-grained detection of spammy URI's even on a non-evil shortening service.

Is this new DBL return code meant to be a lower score than ordinary URIBL's that often choose to list evil shortener domains? My point is this is no different than an ordinary URIBL listing.

Warren