On 29/03/11 22:54, Benny Pedersen wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:12:27 -0700 (PDT), missingshrink<s...@rainkid.com>
wrote:
Going by the recommendation of others here, I have removed my
installation
originally done with RPM (CentOS 4.9) and removed all my bayes files.

never install directly from cpan, make rpms from cpan is okay, but it
would be even better if one make a bug on centos to get more updated
spamassassin as rpm

again never mix cpan and rpm

if one ignore this be prepared to lrarn more :)

+1.

RPMForge has the latest SpamAssassin packages for CentOS plus all the perl packages you are likely to need. If they don't, ask on the rpmforge users list and they'll package and maintain them for you.