On 3/29/2011 2:14 PM, Max wrote:
> For a while we were getting spam messages that had images embedded as
> text and not an attachment. Those are marked as spam but couldn't the
> random characters of the image data increase the entropy of the
> database and cause some less than definitive scores?
>
> That aside. It seems like all my ham is bellow 0 so would changing the
> cut off to something like 2.0 be bad practice?

Definitely.  All of the stock SA rule scores are designed to flag spam
at 5 points.  If you go significantly lower than that, you start running
the risk of false positives and messages being marked as spam due to
single rules (which is usually a bad thing).

> On 03/29/2011 01:06 PM, Max wrote:
>> On occasions we will train the .Junk folder and others using sa-learn.
>> Also here is an example of spam as requested
>> http://www.nomorepasting.com/getpaste.php?pasteid=36037

That spam scores pretty high for me:

NO_RELAYS,RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100,RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100,RAZOR2_CHECK,
        URIBL_DBL_SPAM,URIBL_JP_SURBL autolearn=no version=3.3.1
        *      [URIs: dailynewdesign.com]
        *  1.9 URIBL_JP_SURBL Contains an URL listed in the JP SURBL
blocklist
        *      [URIs: dailynewdesign.com]
        * -0.0 NO_RELAYS Informational: message was not relayed via SMTP
        *  3.6 FB_THIS_ADVERT BODY: Phrase: this advertiser
        *  1.7 RAZOR2_CHECK Listed in Razor2 (http://razor.sf.net/)
        *  2.4 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_E8_51_100 Razor2 gives engine 8
confidence level
        *      above 50%
        *      [cf: 100]
        *  0.4 RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 Razor2 gives confidence level
above 50%
        *      [cf: 100]
        * -0.0 NO_RECEIVED Informational: message has no Received headers

Granted, most of the hits are network rules...  Do you have the network
rules active?  Are you using Razor or Pyzor?

--
Bowie