On 2011-06-30 20:51, JKL wrote:
I finally sorted out the database so that it really had the rights it
needed.  ( /me coughs and hides in the corner. )

no worries.. we've all been there, at one time or another

I have passed several hundred pieces of spam messages into the dB.
However it says that there is less than 200 spam messages (8 to be precise).

set it to autolearn, sit back and watch grow and score

*** On another note:
I noticed in the debug output that it mentioned the trusted networks
bit, of which there are none other than the email server itself:
     config: trusted_networks are not configured; it is recommended that
you configure trusted_networks manually
Is it worth putting the servers IP address in the confuration?

local.cf: trusted_networks my.ip.addr.ess

http://spamassassin.apache.org/doc.html

"Version 3.3.x "

"Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.txt"

search for "trusted_networks" & internal_networks

if that doesn't get you further...
the subject has been explained in hundred of msgs in the list archive.
(no going to start a new batch of them)

enjoy .-)